Surreal, funny, and potent, in a word explores the complexity of language and how it can impact the ways we see and feel about the world around us. Today is the two-year anniversary of Fiona’s son’s disappearance, and she still can’t come to terms with reality. The case is cold as ice, and the once hopeful Fiona now grapples with sadness, grief, and — worst of all — bad puns. Her blase husband has moved on, the inept detective has given up, and the neighborhood kidnapper keeps introducing himself at the supermarket. In this emotional and comedic look at how tragedy can distort our speech and reality, ordinary words and turns of phrase take on new meanings as Fiona relives one fateful day.
Recommendation: Ages 13 and above. Contains adult language.
SEASON PRODUCERS Bette & Wylie Aitken
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS Rachelle Menaker & Eddie Schuller
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER Steve Brown
- Save $10 by attending Previews (Sep 8-15).
- Save $5 by attending Weekdays (Sep 20-Oct 6). Limited availability.
- Seniors, Students and Military save $4 per ticket.
- 2-for-1 Tix on Wed, Sep 20 at 7:30pm... Use online code "LY757". Limited availability.
- $15 Rush Tix available 1 hour prior to the performance. Cash only. Subject to availability.
- 40% off for Groups of 10 or more.
Articles & ReviewsRead More on the Blog
Venue Bette Aitken theater arts Center
See the show? Share your experience with us...
At a Glance
- Approximate Running Time:
- 1 hour, 15 minutes with no intermissions
- Special Notes:
- @ Bette Aitken theatre arts Center
- On the Fyda-Mar Stage
- Post-show discussions after each performance (except Opening)
- Join us for Opening Night by becoming a Gold Member
- "Salon" on Sun, Sep 17 at 2pm... Arrive early for a hosted discussion with the artists.
- "Chance Encounter" on Sat, Sep 23, following performance... Chance staff joins the talkback to provide background about the Chance
- "Wine Wednesday" on Wed, Sep 20 at 6:30pm... Sign up to mingle with other Chance lovers and enjoy a complimentary wine tasting
- "Beer Bash Friday" on Fri, Sep 22 at 7:00pm... Sign up to mingle with other Chance lovers and enjoy a complimentary beer tasting