A sophisticated evening for the fancy side in all of us
Fancy Nancy and her friends Bree, Rhonda, Wanda, and Lionel are going to be performing in their very first show, “Deep Sea Dances.” Nancy is positive, that’s fancy for 100 percent sure, that she and Bree will be picked to be mermaids. When another girl wins the coveted role of the mermaid, Nancy is stuck playing a dreary, dull tree. Can Nancy bring fancy flair to her role, even though it isn’t the one she wanted?
based on the book “Fancy Nancy”
by Jane O’Connor and Illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser
“The show demonstrates that ordinary children can be fancy too, and, even more important, that Fancy Nancy can be an ordinary child.”
— New York Times
“The show is quite simply, splendiforous…The music is excellent, the lyrics are clever”
— Babies Gotta Have It
“An irresistible collection of ingenious tunes”
TEA PARTY RECEPTION WITH NANCY & FRIENDS
... PLUS special guest Robin Preiss Glasser on June 6 & 7
Articles & ReviewsRead More on the Blog
Have something to say? Share your comments below!
Venue Bette Aitken theater arts Center
See the show? Share your experience with us...
At a Glance
- Approximate Running Time:
- 50 minutes with no intermissions
- Special Notes:
- There will be a special "relaxed performance" on Fri, June 5 at 7pm
- For ages 4+.
- Everyone who watches the show must purchase a ticket (no babes in arms).
- Kids under the age of 4 will not be admitted, except for the "relaxed performance" on June 5.