Our volunteer intern program is designed for young artists to gain practical experience in theater administration and production. As a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, Chance Theater internships are volunteer positions. Interns receive a small stipend to cover transportation costs.
Chance Theater volunteer intern positions are available in three distinct cycles:
- Spring: January – April (Application Deadline: December 1st)
- Summer: May – August (Application Deadline: April 1st)
- Fall: September – December (Application Deadline: July 1st)
- Full Season: Jan 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
- Be a college student, recent graduate, or have some practical knowledge and experience in theater
- Be able to commit to 15 to 30 hours per week over the full course of the internship period
- Interns should expect to be at Chance Theater at least 3-5 days each week for 4-8 hours per day.
- Submit an Intern Application, a current resume, a cover letter detailing your specific areas of interest, and contact information for three references
- Interview with theater staff
Areas of interest:
- Artistic Administration (Full Season)
- Development / Fundraising
- Company Management
- Marketing / Digital Communications
- Technical Production
- Production Management
- Hands-on experience working and learning beside skilled, highly qualified, leading theater professionals
- Opportunity to gain industry skills in various areas of theater arts and administration
- A small monthly stipend of $150 to assist with daily expenses, including transportation
- Some housing assistance is available, upon request
Fill out our Contact Us Form. No phone calls, please.