Our volunteer intern program is designed for young artists to gain practical experience in theater administration and production. As a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, Chance Theater internships are volunteer positions. Interns receive a small stipend to cover transportation costs.
Chance Theater volunteer intern positions are available in three distinct cycles:
- Spring: January – April (Application Deadline: December 1st)
- Summer: May – August (Application Deadline: April 1st)
- Fall: September – December (Application Deadline: July 1st)
- Full Season: Jan 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018
- Be a college student, recent graduate, or have some practical knowledge and experience in theater
- Be able to commit to 15 to 30 hours per week over the full course of the internship period
- Interns should expect to be at Chance Theater at least 3-5 days each week for 4-8 hours per day.
- Submit the application below.
- Interview with theater staff
Areas of interest:
- Artistic Administration (Full Season)
- Development / Fundraising
- Company Management
- Marketing / Digital Communications
- Education (Summer Only)
- Technical Production
- Production Management
- Hands-on experience working and learning beside skilled, highly qualified, leading theater professionals
- Opportunity to gain industry skills in various areas of theater arts and administration
- A small monthly stipend of $150 to assist with daily expenses, including transportation
- Some housing assistance is available, upon request
Fill out our Contact Us Form. No phone calls, please.
If you are interested in filling any of these roles, fill out the form below: