On the Cripe Stage…
The best Tony-nominated musical nobody’s ever heard of… Violet has wowed critics and audiences with its powerful story and energetic gospel, rock, country and R&B score by Jeanine Tesori (Fun Home and Caroline, or Change). Set in the Deep South during the early days of the civil rights movement, this powerful musical tells the touching story of a young woman accidentally scarred on the face as a child. Hoping that a TV evangelist can cure her, Violet embarks on a long bus ride from her sleepy North Carolina town through Memphis to Oklahoma. Along the way, she meets two young soldiers who teach her about love, courage and the true meaning of beauty.
Recommendation: Ages 13 and above. Contains adult language.
Bette & Wylie Aitken
Sophie & Larry Cripe
Associate Season Producer Laurie Smits Staude
Associate Producers Susan Bowman & Freddie Greenfield and
Rachelle Menaker & Eddie Schuller
- Save $10 by attending Previews (Feb 2-Feb 9).
- Save $5 by attending Weekdays (Feb 16-Mar 2). Limited availability.
- Seniors, Students, Educators and Military save $4 per ticket.
- 2-for-1 Tix on Thurs, Feb 15 at 7:30pm... Use online code "DB014". Limited availability.
- $20 Rush Tix available 1 hour prior to the performance. Cash only. Subject to availability.
- 40% off for Groups of 10 or more.
Articles & ReviewsRead More on the Blog
Have something to say? Share your comments below!
Venue Bette Aitken theater arts Center
See the show? Share your experience with us...
At a Glance
- Upcoming Performances
- Approximate Running Time:
- 2 hours with no intermissions
- Special Notes:
- Post-show discussions after each performance
- Join us for Opening Night as a Gold Member
- "Sunday Salon" on Sun, Feb 11 at 2pm... Arrive early for a hosted discussion with the artists.
- Babes in arms and children under four are not permitted.
- Free Wine Tasting on Fri, Feb 16 at 7pm
- Free Beer Tasting on Fri, Feb 23 at 7pm
- 40% off for groups of 10 or more.