On the Cripe Stage…
A sophisticated evening for the fancy side in all of us
Fancy Nancy and her friends Bree, Rhonda, Wanda, and Lionel are going to be performing in their very first show, “Deep Sea Dances.” Nancy is positive, that’s fancy for 100 percent sure, that she and Bree will be picked to be mermaids. When another girl wins the coveted role of the mermaid, Nancy is stuck playing a dreary, dull tree. Can Nancy bring fancy flair to her role, even though it isn’t the one she wanted?
based on the popular “Fancy Nancy” books
by Jane O’Connor and Illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser
Recommendation: Wonderful for the entire family, ages 4 and up.
Bette & Wylie Aitken
Associate Season Producer Laurie Smits Staude
“The show demonstrates that ordinary children can be fancy too, and, even more important, that Fancy Nancy can be an ordinary child.”
— New York Times
“The show is quite simply, splendiforous…The music is excellent, the lyrics are clever”
— Babies Gotta Have It
“An irresistible collection of ingenious tunes”
TEA PARTY WITH NANCY & FRIENDS
... Hosted by Fancy Nancy's illustrator, Robin Preiss Glasser
- October 6 @ 2pm
- October 13 @ 2pm -- Opening Performance! Tea Party is included.
- October 14 @ 11am
- October 20 @ 11am -- Relaxed Performance.
- October 20 @ 2pm
- October 21 @ 11am
- October 27 @ 11am
- October 28 @ 11am
- October 28 @ 2pm
Tea Party Gallery
- Save $5 by attending Previews (Oct 5-Oct 12).
- Save $2 by attending Evenings (Oct 13-Oct 28 5pm). Limited availability.
- 30% off for Groups of 10 or more.
- allows the audience to talk during the performance
- has certain lights and sound effects tempered
- leaves the audience lights on at half to make it easy to step out or return
- split up the the lobby between a quiet area and an activity area
Articles & Reviews
Reviews coming soon!
Have something to say? Share your comments below!
Venue Bette Aitken theater arts Center
See the show? Share your experience with us...
At a Glance
- Upcoming Performances
- Approximate Running Time:
- 50 minutes with no intermissions
- Special Notes:
- Photos & autographs after each performance
- Kids under the age of 4 are only admitted at the "relaxed performance" on October 13 at 11am.
- Everyone who watches the show must purchase a ticket (no babes in arms).
- Relaxed Performance on Sat, October 13 at 11am
- 30% off for groups of 10 or more.