One singular sensation…
In an empty theater, on a bare stage, casting for a new Broadway musical is almost complete. For 23 dancers, this audition is the chance of a lifetime. It’s what they’ve worked for—with every drop of sweat, every hour of training, every day of their lives. It’s the one opportunity to do what they’ve always dreamed—to have the chance to dance.
This is A Chorus Line, the musical for everyone who’s ever had a dream and put it all on the line. Funny and exhilarating, yet raw and personal at its core, we are going to bring new life to this groundbreaking show that lifted the veil on the anonymous faces behind the stars, and uncovered a heart-rending truth about what drives artists yesterday and today.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS Sophie & Larry Cripe
ASSOCIATE PRODUCERS Laurie Smits Staude and Rachelle Menaker & Eddie Schuller
SEASON PRODUCERS Bette & Wylie Aitken
“Not only the finest musical to ever tap, pirouette and gyrate across an Orange County stage not named Segerstrom, but also one of the best shows to ever be produced in the county….Tightly paced and keenly focused on the piercing human stories” — OC Weekly
“[A Chorus Line] remains a revelation as the Chance Theater in Anaheim presents it in a staging that evokes enough of the Michael Bennett original to satisfy those longing to reconnect with an old friend and enough new ideas to tantalize those looking to be surprised.” — Los Angeles Times
“Despite the studied artifice of James Kirkwood, Jr. and Nicholas Dante’s book, director Oanh Nguyen achieves the off-the-cuff authenticity needed, lending grit to a show that at worst is unbearably touchy-feely, making it as bitter as it is sweet.” — Orange County Register
“Comes close to recapturing the excitement Broadway audiences must have felt back in 1975 when A Chorus Line changed musical theater for good.” — StageSceneLA
Articles & ReviewsRead More on the Blog
Venue Bette Aitken theater arts Center
See the show? Share your experience with us...
At a Glance
- Approximate Running Time:
- 2 hours with no intermissions
- Special Notes:
- On the Cripe Stage
- Post-show discussions at each performance
- Open seating. Subscribe for assigned seats.
- "Salon" on Sun, Jul 10 at 3pm... Arrive at 2:15pm and stay after the show for 2 specially hosted discussions with the artists.
- Save $10 by attending Previews (Jul 1-8). Limited availability.
- Save $5 by attending Weekdays (Jul 14-29). Limited availability.
- 2-for-1 Tix on Wed, Jul 13 at 7:30pm... Use online code "ACL530". Limited availability.
- $20 Rush Tix available 1 hour prior to the performance. Cash only. Subject to availability.
- 40% off for Groups of 10 or more... plus assigned seating. Visit www.ChanceTheater.com/Groups.